PONT du GARD - WINE or THEATER
The Greatest Roman Bridge in the World !
The Pont du Gard is a three-level bridge intended for the passage of a Roman aqueduct.
Probably built in the first half of the 1st century, it ensured the continuity of the Roman aqueduct that led the water from Uzès to Nîmes.
According to the latest research, it would have ceased to be used at the beginning of the 6th century.
In the Middle Ages, the second-floor piers were cut so that the structure could be used as a road bridge.
You will have access to:
- At the first level of the Bridge,
- At the museum
- In the cinema,
- At the children’s playground,
- On the outside course «Mémoires de Garrigue»
- the paths of the remains of the aqueduct,
- The temporary exhibition of the moment.
In the afternoon, you can choose between:
- A sensory course and a tasting in the heart of the slopes of the AOC Côtes du Rhône Village, in a cellar founded in 1929.
- The visit to Europe’s best preserved ancient theatre Orange with free access + audio guide + access to the art museum and history.
Program of the day
The morning :
Departure from your resort
Visit of the Pont du Gard
Lunch in a restaurant ou picnic in the site
The afternoon :
Sensory path and wine tasting
Visit of the antique theater of Orange
Indicative time: from 8:00 am to 5:45 pm
Pont du Gard :
Mini conference on Roman wine with tasting and difference with today’s wines.
Package at €165 (including entrance to the site).
Ancient Theatre of Orange:
Virtual tour with augmented reality mask
for €5/ person.