POPES and WINES or THEATER
Immersion in the Avignon !
The city of Avignon was the papal residence from 1309 to 1377. The papal reign ended in 1791.
The Palace of the Popes is the largest «gothic palace» in the world !
You can visit:
- The Palace of the Popes,
- Le Pont de Saint Bézenet ( Pont d'Avignon ),
- the ramparts surrounding the city,
- Notre Dame des Doms Cathedral.
This unique medieval architectural ensemble is classified by UNESCO as a "World Heritage Site" in 1840 and the centre of Avignon will be classified in 1995.
In the afternoon, you can choose between:
- Two wine tastings at the heart of the AOC hills Côtes du Rhône Village, one in Rasteau and one course in a cellar founded in 1929.
- Free time in Avignon and the route
sensory in a cellar founded in 1929.
Program of the day
The morning :
Departure from your resort
Visit of the monuments of Avignon
Lunch in restaurant or picnic picnic in the cathedral
The afternoon :
Free time and sensory path
Indicative time : from 8:00 am to 5:30 pm
Palais des Papes :
Histopad included with entrance tickets
Pont de Saint Bézenet :
Audio guide included with entrance ticket